HomeForumGeneral Racing Discussionstaking plan --[not for every punters]--

staking plan --[not for every punters]--

morenweis3694239 Wednesday 19th August at 12:05pm

The Rule Nbr 1- After losing 10 races in a row, no more bets until the winners come along [ ???????? ]
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now to my staking plan
ONLY 3 LOSS-----ONLY 4 LOSS------ONLY 5 LOSS-----ONLY 6 LOSS and so on
-------L--------------------L---------------------------L----------------------L-----------------L
-------L--------------------L---------------------------L----------------------L-----------------L
---bet----------------------L---------------------------L----------------------L-----------------L
-------------------------bet----------------------------L----------------------L------------------L
-------------------------------------------------------bet----------------------L-----------------L
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------bet---------------L
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------bet
ONLY 3 LOSS Part nothing else] THAN you will do the same thing with others 4-5-6-7-8-9-10 parts
EXAMPLE
ONLY 3 LOSS part
L
L
L
Bet. Lost wait until the win bet comes along. When the win bet comes along YOU will wait 3 losses again
L
L
L
BET

Edited at 7:31pm on Wednesday 26th August

Save Edit

Morgan Wednesday 19th August at 12:08pm

My staking plan has always been to win a certain $$.

$500 is a good figure.

eg like a $5 shot today, $100 win bet.

Like a $10 shot $50 win bet.

Never increase stakes when winning or losing. lol

Save Edit

spudman Wednesday 19th August at 12:50pm

i like to keep my max bet to about 2% of my betting bank, on occasions it will reach 5%.

Save Edit

morenweis3694239 Wednesday 19th August at 2:01pm

My approach is little bit different [ nothing to do with my first plan ]
I Divide my bets according to horses odds [my odds not the bookies odds ]
1--1,80 $ to 3 $----increase the bet
2--3 $ + to 6 $-----increase the bet
3--6 $ + to 9 $-----no increase
4--9 $ + to 12 $----no increase
5--12 $ + 100 $----no increase

Save Edit

morenweis3694239 Wednesday 26th August at 7:59pm

My other approaches are
1- The bet of the week--1 unit to win, 1 unit for the double up. Increase the bet [my first plan apply]
2- The best bets---------1 unit to win, a half unit for the double up. Increase the bet [my first plan apply]
3- The good bets ------ -1 unit to win---no increase
My increase of bets are
11-2222-3333

Edited at 8:10pm on Wednesday 26th August

Save Edit

steventiegs18162 Wednesday 26th August at 9:47pm

Old Tigger here, hi everyone I got a little bank for roughies I like, start off with a bank of $122 first 7 bets $1 then next 6 bets $2 next 4 bets$3 next3 bets $4 and next2 bets$5 next 2 bets$6, then one at7,one at 8,9,10,11,12. once you get a winner start at one again, I like horse with bad form and kept safe in the betting. bookies are not silly if they got bad form and only 8/1 to 12/1 WHY .

Save Edit

Jeffers Thursday 27th August at 3:47am

Originally posted by spudman

i like to keep my max bet to about 2% of my betting bank, on occasions it will reach 5%.

Takes a lot of control to stay around 2% in my experience if I very strongly fancy a horse, I couldn't bring myself to only place 5% of the bank on it.

As I'm sure we all have, I've gotten out of control and gone 100% of bank on something I fancy, but in my opinion a sensible betting strategy shouldn't go above 20% on one bet (and that's pretty high).

Save Edit

spudman Thursday 27th August at 9:09am

i could win big by betting bigger, but i see each return as a % of profit not a $ of profit and that makes it easy to bet small, it also covers the losing runs when they come along without having to refill the bank too often

Save Edit

Brystar Sunday 20th September at 6:29pm

Solving a 2 bets a race problem
EACH WAY SAVERS

A formula for backing two horses a race, with an each way bet as “the saver”. He says he bets $10 a race. If you have 10 units in a race to play with, your first move must be to assess how much you are going to invest on your saver runner. I’ll assume that your first selection, Horse A, is 3/1 and the second selection is Horse B at 5/1.

As you want to show a small profit should Horse B win, we first IGNORE the likely return from a place bet and work the wagers purely as if they were straight-out win bets. The formula for this is simple. You just add one to the prices and divide the full sum into ‘bank”. This will give you the amount to be invested to save your full investment should the saver horse win.

Okay, let’s look at the above example. We’ll assume the punter has a bank of $10 and wants to save on Horse B. As B is 5/1 (5 1) we divide the sum of the two figures (which is SIX, into the capital), which is $10. Six divided into $10 is approximately $1.70 and this, invested at 5/1, would produce a bet of $8.50 to $1.70, sufficient to cover the total outlay of $10 if B wins the race.

So, a punter betting straightout in this scenario would have $1.70 on Horse B and $8.30 on Horse A, equalling the total $10 to bet. If wanting to make your saver bet an each way job, and desires to make a small profit in the event of B winning.

Perhaps, then, the best plan would be to work out your bets as if they were to be straightout (as we have just done). Then place eachway the amount he is required to invest straightout on the saver. In this case, he would have $1.70 each way on Horse B, equaling a saver bet of $3.40, and he would place the rest of the money, $6.60, on Horse A.

If A wins the race at 3/1, with Horse B unplaced, the return will be $26.40 for a profit of $16.40.
If Horse A wins with B placed, the return would be $26.40 for the win bet and $3.80 for the place (assuming a quarter the odds of 5/1), a total of $30.20, a profit of $20.20.
If Horse B wins, the return would be $10.20 for the win bet, and $3.80 for the place bet, a total of $14, a profit of $4.00.
If Horse A loses and Horse B runs a place, the return would be $3.80, a loss on the total bet of $6.20.
That’s not a bad scenario for two horses in a race. The method of investment is sound PROVIDING the selections are good ones.

With the place bet going for you, on Horse B you will at least salvage something from the bet if it runs a place and Horse A loses. Remember, it’s no good A running a place because you have it for the win only.

HOPE THIS ASSISTS THOSE THAT RUN WITH THE TOP 2 SELECTION FORMULA

Save Edit

Blahzay Saturday 21st November at 7:35am

The link below makes working out your Hutching Bets a lot easier.
http://www.oddschecker.com.au/betting-tools/hutching-calculator

Save Edit

coupedegrah Thursday 24th December at 7:11am

@MORENWEIS3694239 may I ask how variables do you use in your handicapping?

Save Edit

Ladbrokes
morenweis3694239 Sunday 25th February at 10:54pm

Originally posted by coupedegrah

@MORENWEIS3694239 may I ask how variables do you use in your handicapping?
MORENWEIS3694239 may I ask how variables do you use in your handicapping?

1 - The Class and weight combined handicapping .

Save Edit

farmermick Sunday 4th March at 11:42pm

Hi, new to this tipping site under the name of farmermick but my variables are simple reading the form I look at wins and runs at track and weight drop from last start or weight gain, pick alot of winners this way and I have been punting for a few decades and frame my own market, for example the best way I can show people how to pick winners including my own horses when they run is at what price are they backable due to draw, class rise or class down for example SNOW LORD at Ascot R8 on saturday 3/3/18 I had him all day at 3/1 fav due to runs and wins on track and draw and class but somehow he started at 7's. I find if you rate yuor own horses you find true value. cheers Mick

Save Edit

Password  

Forgot your password?