HomeForumGeneral Racing DiscussionVOTE FOR CHANGE TO TIPPING COMP.

VOTE FOR CHANGE TO TIPPING COMP.

theredbaron Sunday 30th September at 1:01pm

I would like join in with those praising this site, but call for a vote on how the tipping comp is run.
I vote for a maximum of $100 bet for each tip.

Save Edit

theredbaron Wednesday 17th October at 4:16pm

Is this a tipping comp or a texas holdem comp.

Save Edit

52poutanes Monday 22nd October at 10:17pm

I vote for a no vote.

Save Edit

yof17576 Tuesday 23rd October at 5:35pm

i think it should be the number of winners not the amount of money

Save Edit

Argus1 Friday 26th October at 10:02pm

I'm happy with the current format. It favours those who are willing to have a punt and after all that's what it's all about. eg. The current leader for October had his bank on Syd's Coin at $31 and is miles ahead.

Save Edit

theredbaron Saturday 27th October at 10:13am

The current leader had one tip up to recently, then two more. Its now the 27th October. Month nearly over. Is he entitled to win with only three tips. Thats not a tipping comp. He could have won it with one tip.
Its a joke.

Save Edit

theredbaron Thursday 1st November at 12:06pm

Congrats to the October comp winner with only one tip...(well a couple more token tips)
How can this be regarded as a tipping comp when the winner only has one tip?

Save Edit

Morgan Thursday 1st November at 2:17pm

Originally posted by theredbaron

Congrats to the October comp winner with only one tip...(well a couple more token tips)
How can this be regarded as a tipping comp when the winner only has one tip?

Because they only needed one tip? lol If you can find a long price winner with one bet then you will win the comp. Simple.. Or feel free not to join the 'Free' comps.

Save Edit

theredbaron Thursday 1st November at 4:56pm

I take it from your response that you wont be calling for a vote on the competition format.
Its not a tipping comp Morgan, its an all in Texas Holdem.
You only have to look at the number of players in the black at the end of the month.
Half a dozen only, the rest have gone out backwards.
Its not a month long tipping comp, as is touted.

Edited at 4:57pm on Thursday 1st November

Save Edit

Argus1 Thursday 1st November at 6:13pm

I was sitting in second with $33,000 to bet with on the last day. I had a crack but lost it all. Had I backed a winner I would have caught and passed the leader. I fully support the competition in it's current format. It's more a betting comp than a tipping comp. I think that many who go out early do as I often do and go all in on their first bet and if that wins they're in with a chance and if they lose there's next month. Congrats to the October winner on finding Syd's Coin.

Save Edit

theredbaron Thursday 1st November at 6:23pm

Using the rules I suggested with a highest strike rate rule added, you would have won Octobers comp.
A worthy winner with over 20 selections.
All Im asking for is a vote to be called.
That, obviously isnt going to happen.

Save Edit

Morgan Friday 2nd November at 11:54am

Originally posted by theredbaron

Using the rules I suggested with a highest strike rate rule added, you would have won Octobers comp.
A worthy winner with over 20 selections.
All Im asking for is a vote to be called.
That, obviously isnt going to happen.

We won't be completely reprogramming the whole site and tipping comp system. Period.

Save Edit

miss tipstar Tuesday 13th November at 11:39pm

As a lady of racing I will weigh in as I believe the current format is fine, If last months winner put his bank on one horse good for him and even the second place competitor at that time had a large bank he knew where he was and went for it and he should be praised as well, If you are punting $100 on a horse its all about consistently placing bets on horses to earn PROFIT on those so strategies play a big part, my husband always bows out early but in his real life punting usually picks it up anyway so I think the comp is quite fair, perhaps those who complain are those who bow out early in the competitions? Good Luck everyone don't let a girl beat you, LOL!

Save Edit

Kikinda Friday 16th November at 3:36pm

At least you got a like for your post from Morgan, mine just get totally ignored. Too hard I guess.

Save Edit

Password  

Forgot your password?